At the Marcelo Garcia Jiu Jitsu Association of Gainesville, we are committed to providing the highest level of martial arts instruction for your children (ages 4 to 13 years old) in an enjoyable and supportive environment.
Under the personalized guidance of our professional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructors, your child will learn more than martial arts. He or she will learn balance, coordination, and fine-tune their motor skills in ways that will help them in any athletic or physical discipline they may choose later in life. Additionally, our instructors work diligently to reinforce important life skills such as hard work, dedication, confidence, discipline, teamwork, and respect to your children.
When you enroll your child, you are giving them a gift which will benefit them forever, including:
- Grade Improvement
- Leadership Skills
- Resistance to Peer Pressure
- Safeguard Against Bullying
- Increased Physical Aptitude and Fitness
About our Head Instructor / Owner – Kon Ying
- Proud parent of three honors students (Dominic- 16 yrs old, Gabriel and Angelica – 14 yrs old)
- 20+ years as a manager in a Fortune 100 Company (Verizon Communications, Walmart)
- Small business owner of two successful companies in Gainesville (BJJ Academy and Ramen Restaurant)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Columbia University (Dean’s Honors List)
- Bachelors degree from Cornell University (Dean’s Honor List)
- Graduated High School with Highest Honors (4.2 GPA, 3rd in class)
- 18 years of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training, receiving all belt promotions from 2 legends of the sport (Renzo Gracie and Marcelo Garcia)
Are You Ready for FUN? The Time to Act is Now!