By signing below, the student, the parent, or the legal guardian on behalf of the student, acknowledges and is fully cognizant of all the inherent dangers in connection with the execution of martial arts and acknowledges that the execution of martial arts requires physical exertion and contact, and realizes that there is a risk of physical injury which may be incurred while engaged in this activity. Student, parent, or legal guardian on behalf of the student, hereby waives any and all claims for any physical injury in connection with the training at the school and expressly assumes the risk of all dangers or injury inherent to the martial arts.
Additionally, by signing below, I agree to the following academy rules:
- Have a positive and respectful attitude
- Do not hold onto or crank submissions
- Tap when you are caught
- No slamming or neck cranks
- Discuss with your partner before using heel hooks, knee bars, toe holds, slicers, etc.
- Be mindful of other pairs when you are rolling
- No shoes on the mat
- No bare feet in the bathroom (please wear your shoes upon exit of the mat and before entrance back onto it or use provided sandals)
- No dirty training gear
- Keep finger/toe nails trim
- Keep illness, skin infections, open wounds, and blood off the mat
- Pick up after yourself
Violations of these rules may lead to suspension or termination of academy membership.